Saturday 7 September 2013

My Moodboard

These pictures are from my moodbord which was inspired by my mind map created by a few objects that has importance to myself. In the mind map we were told to pic abstract words and search for pictures that match the words to create a overall moodboard which best showcases our mind map as a whole. I chose the words: Morocco, food, transparent; minimal, fashion; lights and airplane.

On the Friday our group task was to create our own moodboards first by placing the pictures how we would arrange it in order of what we were trying to portray and what the main focus point of the moodboard was towards viewers. Then we had to rotate to other students board and re-arrange their boards in our own way which could be done by initial instincts or by grouping the pictures by colours or themes. 

It was interesting to see different views of how others would arrange your own board and gave me a second view towards things. I then thought harder the next time in why the person arrange my moodboard in that way and then tried to re-arrange it myself for the last and final time. I did it in order of central focus point and tried to layer pictures ontop of each other that I thought gave off a stronger look. I arranged it as the centre was the main focal point and it spread outwards towards the edges of the page.

Overall I really enjoyed this task as before I used to place pictures on a moodboard randomly without any link between each photo. Now I have learnt that moodboards need more time and needs to be thought about which can help an audience to understand what the main theme of your work is and what it is consisting of. I also learnt that moodboards aren't about filling the page as much as possible and that even the fewest of pictures can be used so long they have a direct link.


No comments:

Post a Comment