Monday 30 September 2013

Accessories Week

For accessories week I wanted to create an accessory that wasn't used on everyday wear. At first I wanted to create a headpiece but decided to make an ankle accessory instead. I was inspired by my fan I have at home which was from my first holiday abroad which has memories and has importance to me. I photocopied the fan multiple times by using the negative option, changing the colour and repeating the image lots of times. I then did mini collages by mixing the different prints with each other to create a interesting pattern which can be used on my future designs. Also made mini accessories on different models from magazine tear-outs.

The designs for the ankle I made all consists of patterns I created which were simplified from my original object. I tried to design as many different developed ideas as I could  before choosing my final.

In my final shoot I decided to create an accessory which had added extras like the feathers and beading at the front. I also added wire to create my boxy shapes from previous designs. I like the outcome of my accessory but if I could re-make it I would use firmer materials to create the sharp shapes like plastic or thicker metal. Out of all the weeks this is one I struggled to thing of something to create.



No comments:

Post a Comment