Monday 30 September 2013

Digital Printing

For digital printing my prints are inspired by my parents upbringing and country. My family are from a small Caribbean island called St.Lucia. My prints involve individual pictures of St.Lucian trees, waterfall, rainbow fishes and fruits. All these are from my parents upbringing when they were children. In St.Lucia we have beautiful waterfalls where all the kids would bathe before school and is a big tourist attraction. It was something my parents looked forward to and was seen as a treat. Also the pictures of the fishes represent my dad's love for the sea and the diving. Lastly the prints consisting trees are called "green banana tress" which are a key traditional food item in St.Lucia. 

I tried to base all my prints on my background as the main topic is about identity. As a whole I really like my prints and think I did my best on it. I found Photoshop the hardest programme to work and really struggled as I am bad with patience. Also I wish I had made original designs and patterns instead of using google images. 










No comments:

Post a Comment