Wednesday 26 February 2014

3 Words Project

O.T.T - Gather - Berlin
Those are the three words I chose for this project. I least enjoyed the project and never had a rhythm or style of working. I was put off by the demands that we were not allowed to use the internet as source of research and had to expand my use of primary research instead of relying on secondary sources. I visited the library and found books on Berlin and fashion books relating to pleats and layered fabrics. I chose to do Berlin as I thought I could create more ideas from it rather than a artist which I tried to stay away from copying their style in my work. I decided to base it on the Berlin wall rather than the city as a whole. It was hard because I did not have much knowledge about Germany and its history. I then tried to focus on the 'over the top' word and tried to relate this by experimenting the use of colours and bold and outrageous street styles. By attending group crit that week I learnt that I have to be more experimental with the phrase o.t.t because it does not just mean the over use of colour it can mean other subjects. I then thought of the idea of cosmetic surgery and the over use of it. I thought I would gather research and create screenshots from channel 4 documentaries like 'Embarrassing Bodies' and 'Botched Up Bodies'. I chose to look more into surgery and why people choose to get them done. It links it insecurities and thought it would be interesting to research surgeries gone wrong. 

To improve this project I could of been more experimental with my designs and could try to develop more initial ideas and turn them into finals. I struggled to find motivation to create interesting work as getting information from books is not something I am used to. I did enjoy some of the workshops we did like mark making. It helped to free our minds and be more creative by adding lots more colour to our work. 



No comments:

Post a Comment