Tuesday 5 November 2013

Identity Shoot

My final piece was based on one of my original designs that I did back in the design development week. I really love these trousers and overall very pleased of the outcome. 

This was my first time making a real fitted garment and thought it would not turn out as successful. I had to choose materials that would hold the cut out shape as well as become flowy and wide legged like palazzo pants. I used materials cotton drill and polyester cotton. I had multiple sections to cut out and attach.

I struggled the most with the waistband as it turnt out to be extremely tight fitting but fits really well when pulled to the waist. I made these trousers size 12 so that if the seam allowance wasnt added it still would be able to fit my model. I love the shop Zara and this shoot and pants reminds me of something classy and minimalist that Zara clothes would produce.

In my original design I wanted to add bright pleats of contrasting colours that actually work together but did not make it in the end because I thought it would spoil the whole look. I wanted to add the colours because in my sketchbook and my previous designs I used bright colours that would not normally go together and thought I should try and link it with my final design.

I decided to do my shoot in a studio with just black background and bright lights as I thought any other location with a busy background would not go with the theme and may not be effective for the trousers.




No comments:

Post a Comment